14 December, 2009

don't list

So, it's been a while since I last wrote, but, believe it or not, I have a lot on my mind. The good news is that I only have one exam left and that I get to finally go home on Thursday night. I can't wait. Home is perfect.

I haven't really made many concrete decisions about what I want in our wedding, but I have made some decisions about what I don't want. I don't want:

* A tiara. For real. Not trying to be a Disney princess.
* Photos of the entire wedding party jumping in the middle of a road. So 2003.
* The garter ritual. I was not purchased with a dowry and this is super-awkward for everyone involved.
* A wedding cake.
* Bridezilla moments.

That's all I've decided for now. More to come. Put the lights on the tree!

4 comments:

Chris Jones said...

Surely you don't want to write your own vows either (despite your talent).

Christa said...

I always thought cute little pies would be a charming wedding dessert...and if a bridezilla-esque opportunity were to arrise, you could use the pies to get your message across their face.

Emily said...

If Guion isn't taking a garter off your leg with his teeth, may I? Please?

Unknown said...

abby, stumbled upon your blog... excited for you and wedding planning! i agree 100% with the garter toss. completely awkward for everyone. it was on my do not do list as well but did i get away with it? no. so here's to you in your venture of a garterless receptions, cheers. seriously, stick it to the man.

p.s. cant wait to see yall very soon!!