22 April, 2009

ageless pirates

I hope I could be a cheeky copy editor and write headlines like this, "Nobody Knows How Old This Pirate Is." For some reason, this is hilarious to me right now, hiding and not studying ethics in what appears to be the trash heap of Davis Library. I crouch behind towers of cardboard boxes with labels like, "Archaeological Sample Box" and "Adjustable Shelf End Brackets."

We talked about this today in my ethics class. It's not new, but it's still one of the most amazing and hilariously awkward things I've ever seen. The silent gaps where laughter should be are unbelievable. "Reality has a well-known liberal bias..." Stephen Colbert speaks at the 2006 White House Correspondents Dinner.

One more thing from ethics class! Remember: None of the people you see in magazines actually look like that. Check out this photo retouching agency. Click on "Portfolio" to see all of the photos of actors they've "improved."

No comments: