04 May, 2009

not studying

Wednesday morning at 8 a.m. I will take the last exam of my junior year. This creeps me out. And then I have about 12 full days at home before I leave for my long, hard summer in the wild West.

Yesterday, after we went to Holy Family, REI and Ted's Montana Grill (I had my first bison burger and it was really good, but SO MUCH MEAT. I could only eat half of it, but Guion told me he was still proud of me. Eating with him sometimes makes me feel like I'm a 6-year-old with picky eating habits; he always congratulates me on what I finish), we lounged on his back porch, napped and read "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" to each other. The sky was cloudy but the air was warm and the wind was ideal. Yes, we have perfect Sundays.

I packed up all my books so all I have left to read are the short novels of Chekhov. This has actually been very nice. I finished "Peasants" yesterday and started "In the Ravine" last night. One benefit of Chekhov: It reminds you that no matter how bad you think your life is, it's not as bad as the lives of those Russian peasants. I don't live in a hut with seven other people and eat gruel every morning.

This laughing Hillary montage from Daily Intel is killing me. And the headline, too.

No comments: